The Sleep Research Program for Advancing Careers is a research training program designed to support early career sleep and circadian investigators through a structured and mentored grant writing curriculum. It was first launched in 2020 and has successfully provided early career sleep researchers with the support needed to successfully apply and obtain their first large career development research grant.
The AASM Foundation is now accepting applications for the next cohort of Sleep Research Program for Advancing Careers fellows, which will start in August 2023 and run through May 2024. Accepted applicants will have access to grant writing lectures focused on career development grants and participate in live grant writing sessions with their mentors and the AASM Foundation Research Career Development Committee to get feedback on different components of their grant.
The Sleep Research Program for Advancing Careers will ensure the accepted applicants have a completed career development grant application at the end of the program that they can submit to federal funding agency or nonprofit organization for funding.
This program is perfect for early-career sleep researchers who:
- Who are within 10 years of their terminal degree MD, DO, DDS, DMD, DNP, DNSc, PharmD, PhD, or equivalent), post-doctoral training, or clinical training.
- Are planning to apply for their first mentored career development research award after June 2024.
- Mentored career development research awards include NIH K grants, VA Career Development Award, AASM Foundation Research Career Development Awards, or equivalent.
- Need protected time and a structured curriculum to put together and write their mentored career development research award.
- Will greatly benefit from getting constructive feedback on various components of their grant from experienced sleep researchers.
Submit your application by April 3, 2023. For more details on the application, review criteria, and the Sleep Research Program for Advancing Careers, visit: https://foundation.aasm.org/soar
AASM Foundation is proud to be celebrating its 25th Anniversary this year, issuing over twenty-three million dollars in grants to the sleep community to date!