We have a national crisis of poor sleep and undiagnosed or untreated sleep disorders, creating a considerable need to address the gaps in knowledge that impact patient care. Additionally, sleep research at the National Institutes of Health faces extreme competition for researchers and institutions seeking funding for new projects. These challenges are signiﬁcant. We can’t solve them alone, but we can work together to address them.
The AASM Foundation is focused on expanding our career development programs for sleep and circadian researchers.
Donations will help support our career development programs, which are expanding the pipeline of sleep scientists.
Building Successful Careers
Recent grantees reported the following notable impacts on their career development:
- Protected time from clinical work
- Opportunities to network with other researchers
- Invitations to give research lectures at multiple national meetings and peer institutions
- Recognition by other organizations and/or receipt of merit-based grants
- Securing a permanent position at their institution
Thanks to donors like you, we can expand our clinical research programs to ensure that specialists in sleep medicine can provide high quality, evidence-based care for patients.
Thank you for your support,
Anita V. Shelgikar, MD, MHPE
Each person who donates $250 or more to the campaign will receive a special thank you gift for your generous contribution.