High-quality care is fundamental for individuals with sleep disorders to ensure they can live healthy, productive lives. To fulfill the vision of Healthier Lives through Better Sleep, the AASM Foundation’s Strategic Research Award program focuses on fostering health services research and patient-oriented research in sleep medicine to improve patients’ outcomes and demonstrate value. In the past 10 years, the AASM Foundation has invested more than $6.6 million in investigator-initiated projects aimed at addressing gaps in knowledge that impact the ability to provide optimal, patient-centered, cost-effective diagnosis and care for patients with sleep disorders.
The AASM Foundation is now accepting competitive letters of intent for its 2020 Strategic Research Award for the following specific research domains that will advance the field of sleep medicine:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Hypopnea Scoring Criteria
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Pediatric Sleep Medicine and Health
- Population Sleep Health
- Polysomnography and Home Sleep Apnea Testing
- Rapid Eye Movement Sleep Behavior Disorder and other Parasomnias
- High Impact Research
The 2020 Strategic Research Award offers two levels of funding:
- Category I: Up to $250,000 for a project period of up to three years.
- Category II: Up to $100,000 for a project period of up to two years.
Letters of intent are due December 2, 2019. For more information and to apply for the 2020 Strategic Research Award, visit foundation.aasm.org/strategic-research-award/.