Now Accepting Applications!
|Issue Date:||November 2, 2020|
|Application Due Date:||Second Monday of each month by 11:59pm ET*|
|Award Selection Notification:||1-2 months after receipt of full application*|
|Amount of Award:||Up to 10% of the original award amount to a maximum of $10,000|
The AASM Foundation understands that COVID-19 may have impacted the research projects of our award recipients by affecting timelines, methodology originally proposed, research personnel and/or access to facilities and resources, among other things. The AASM Foundation is offering COVID-19 relief funding to support award recipients with currently active projects to offset some of the additional expenses that may have been or will be incurred due to the unanticipated effects of the pandemic.
The 2020 COVID-19 Relief Funding for AASM Foundation Award Recipients (Cycle 2) provides AASM Foundation award recipients with currently active projects additional funds of up to 10% of their original award amount to a maximum of $10,000.
The following AASM Foundation award recipients are eligible to apply:
- AASM Foundation award recipients with an active award (i.e. must have an executed contract in place).
- AASM Foundation award recipients, who have been approved for 2020 COVID-19 Relief Funding in the first cycle, are eligible to apply in Cycle 2 if they can demonstrate a need for additional funds.
The following AASM Foundation award recipients are NOT eligible to apply:
- AASM Foundation award recipients who have closed awards.
- AASM Foundation award recipients who are in a no-cost extension time period and whose final report is due within 3 months from the time of submission of their COVID-19 Relief Funding application.
An AASM Foundation Review Committee will evaluate and score all submitted applications. Factors that will be taken into consideration include:
- Impact of COVID-19 on the award recipient’s project.
- Impact the additional funds will have on aiding progress on the award recipient’s project.
Step 1: AASM Foundation Grant Request registration
To apply for 2020 COVID-19 Relief Funding for AASM Foundation Award Recipients (Cycle 2), you must register on AASM Foundation Grant Request. Please refer to the AASM Foundation Grant Request User Access Guide for guidance on setting-up an account.
Step 2: Complete application