Sleep Champion Award
The Sleep Champion Award celebrates successful community-based sleep health services and education provided by non-profit organizations. AASM members are encouraged to nominate organizations that provide best-in-class care and/or education in the sleep community. The organization selected for the Sleep Champion Award will receive $5,000, in addition to a travel award for a representative to attend a future SLEEP meeting and accept the award in person at a special event.
Now Accepting Nominations!
|Issue Date:||January 4, 2021|
|Nominations Due Date:||February 15, 2021|
|Award Selection Notification:||By April 30, 2021|
|Amount of Award:||$5,000 in funds to support sleep health and/or education services and complimentary registration for a representative to attend the SLEEP 2021 Virtual Meeting|
The Sleep Champion Award provides:
- $5,000 in funds to support sleep health and/or education services.
- A complimentary registration for a representative to attend the SLEEP 2021 Virtual Meeting
- Only AASM individual or facility members are eligible to nominate an organization for the Sleep Champion Award.
- Nominated organizations must be non-profit organizations.
Step 1: Complete Sleep Champion Nomination Form
An AASM individual or facility member must fill out a Sleep Champion Award Nomination Form.
Step 2: Write a Nomination Letter
Nomination letters must include the following:
- A summary of how the non-profit organization is providing best-in-class care and/or education that should be celebrated and replicated by other community-based programs.
- At least two examples that depict how the non-profit organization’s programs are working to achieve the AASM Foundation’s vision for society and field of sleep medicine; healthier lives through better sleep.
- If multiple individuals would like to nominate the same organization, they may either submit individual nominations or a single nomination letter may be signed by multiple individuals.
- Letters are limited to no more than 2 pages of narrative and content as a Word document or PDF file.
Step 3: Submit Sleep Champion Nomination Form and Nomination Letter
Award recipients will be announced by April 30, 2021.
2020 Sleep Champion Award Recipient
Sweet Dreamzzz, Inc.
For two decades, Sweet Dreamzzz has shared the AASM Foundation’s vision of healthier lives through better sleep, and the organization has been a pioneer in developing impactful, replicable, and sustainable sleep health education programming for low-income children and families.
“Sweet Dreamzzz truly embodies the spirit of the Sleep Champion Award and is well-positioned to help lead the country forward as we continue to break barriers to healthy sleep.”
Ronald D. Chervin, MD, MS
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Michael S. Aldrich Collegiate Professor of Sleep Medicine, and Director of the Sleep Disorders Center
“We acknowledge and appreciate this honor and want you to know that award funds will allow us to continue to help disadvantaged children fulfill a basic need that is often undervalued and overlooked – a good night’s sleep.”
Director of Grants and Community Engagement, Sweet Dreamzzz, Inc.