Sleep Champion Award
|Issue Date:||February 13, 2020|
|Nominations Due Date:||March 2, 2020|
|Award Selection Notification:||By April 30, 2020|
|Amount of Award:||$5,000 in funds to support sleep health and/or education services and
a travel award for a representative to attend SLEEP 2020 in Philadelphia.
The Sleep Champion Award celebrates successful community-based sleep health services and education provided by non-profit organizations. AASM members are encouraged to nominate organizations that provide best-in-class care and/or education in the sleep community. The organization selected for the Sleep Champion Award will receive $5,000, in addition to a travel award for a representative to attend SLEEP 2020 in Philadelphia and accept the award in person at a special event.
The Sleep Champion Award provides:
- $5,000 in funds to support sleep health and/or education services.
- A travel award for a representative to attend SLEEP 2020 in Philadelphia and accept the award in person at a special event.
- Only AASM individual or facility members are eligible to nominate an organization for the Sleep Champion Award.
- Nominated organizations must be non-profit organizations.
Step 1: Complete Sleep Champion Nomination Form
An AASM individual or facility member must fill out a Sleep Champion Award Nomination Form.
Step 2: Write a Nomination Letter
Nomination letters must include the following:
- A summary of how the non-profit organization is providing best-in-class care and/or education that should be celebrated and replicated by other community-based programs.
- At least two examples that depict how the non-profit organization’s programs are working to achieve the AASM Foundation’s vision for society and field of sleep medicine; healthier lives through better sleep.
- If multiple individuals would like to nominate the same organization, they may either submit individual nominations or a single nomination letter may be signed by multiple individuals.
- Letters are limited to no more than 2 pages of narrative and content as a Word document or PDF file.
Step 3: Submit Sleep Champion Nomination Form and Nomination Letter
Award recipients will be announced by April 30, 2020.