The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) Foundation has partnered with the CHEST Foundation to jointly support a research grant in sleep medicine. This new partnership aligns with the AASM Foundation’s strategic goal of improving patient-centered sleep care through high-impact research and the CHEST Foundation’s mission to champion lung health.
The AASM Foundation and CHEST Foundation Research Grant in Sleep Medicine is being administered by the CHEST Foundation and is focused on topics that advance sleep medicine and ultimately improve patient outcomes. Projects must demonstrate how they will have a positive impact on the lung and/or sleep health of a community. The grant is $30,000 for up to one year.
Applications for the American Academy of Sleep Medicine Foundation and CHEST Foundation Research Grant in Sleep Medicine program are being accepted as of February 15, 2021.
Individuals looking to apply for the American Academy of Sleep Medicine Foundation and CHEST Foundation Research Grant in Sleep Medicine must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The lead applicant must have AASM or CHEST membership.
- Applicants must be licensed physicians. Physicians-in-training (residents or fellows), other health care professionals, or clinical researchers with relevant experience will also be accepted.
- Although applicants may be at later career stages, special consideration will be given to young investigators and applicants in early stages of their career.
- “Young Investigators” and “Early Career” are defined as residents/fellows/other health care researchers with relevant experience or practicing physicians who have completed their post-graduate training within the last 7 years.
- Teams are encouraged to apply but must have a representative to serve as the Principal Investigator who will apply as an individual and will receive recognition, if awarded.
- IRB approval must be sought/received for all projects to ensure protection of subjects.
- Not-for-profit organizations and institutions are eligible to apply.
Applications are due on Wednesday, March 31, 2021. For more information and to apply, visit: https://www.chestnet.org/Get-Involved/Grant-Information/Apply-for-Grants.