High School Video Contest
The AASM Foundation hosts an annual High School Video Contest, which focuses on themes meant to motivate teens to prioritize the importance of sleep in their lives. The contest is open for video submissions in November of every year to any student enrolled in a high school in the US and winners are notified the spring of the following year.
The entry period for the “Make Time 2 Sleep” High School Video Contest is now closed. All applicants will be notified of the award decision via email by May 1, 2018.
2017 ASMF “Sleep Recharges You” High School Video Contest Winners
Note: All prizes are split evenly between the winner(s) and their school. The People’s Choice winner is chosen by the general public through online voting.
The Contest is open to any individual who is enrolled in high school in the United States, or has evidence of being enrolled in a homeschooling program, at the time of entry. (U.S. students who attend a Department of Defense school are eligible for the contest, even if the school is located in another country.) No purchase of any sort is necessary, and there is no entry fee. Each submission must be the work of one individual (the “Entrant”).
How to Enter:
To enter, create a video motivating teens to prioritize the importance of sleep in their lives. Videos must comply with the Submission Rules listed below. In addition to the Video Submission, a fully completed Official Entry Form must also be submitted to the Foundation.
Selection of Winner(s):
The panel of Judges will watch and analyze every entry received for originality and video quality, as well as the appropriateness, relevance, and accuracy of its message.
Agreement to Rules
Each Entrant must comply with all the terms and conditions of the official rules (the “Rules”) contained herein. By participating in the Contest, each Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts the terms and conditions of these Rules and the decisions of the AASM Foundation and its judges (including, without limitation, the selection of finalists and winners, and the awarding of prizes), which are final and binding in all respects.
Guidelines for Video Submissions
- Running Time: 30 seconds – 2 minutes, including any credits.
- Originality: Submissions must be original work of the Entrant and must not have been previously published or have won an award or prize of any kind. Previously published submissions from publicized contests will be disqualified. Submissions or works created by others will not be considered and will be disqualified.
- Style: Submissions can by in any style or genre of film or video, including animation, drama, comedy, still art, imagery or documentary.
- Copyright: Entrants must comply with the Use of Copyright Materials in Student Television Network Activitiesguidelines regarding to copyright for their entry. Submissions must not incorporate or include anything that violates any law or the copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right or other right of any third party. Proof of permission may be requested.
- Music: Any music used in the video must be created by the Entrant. Submissions containing copyrighted music, samples, files, or any other protected works that the Entrant does not have the rights to will be disqualified.
- Permission: Contestants are responsible for securing all necessary rights, licenses, clearances, releases, consents and/or permissions from any third parties that appear in the video entry in order to avoid disqualification, and the American Sleep Medicine Foundation reserves the right to request proof of ownership or permission to use any material contained in each submission.
Video Submissions must NOT:
- Include trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by the entrant. All images or references to third-party brands, logos or works must be edited or blurred in the video submission.
- Use individuals’ names, in whole or in part (including the Entrant’s last name), without written permission.
- In the sole and absolute judgment of the AASM Foundation, contain profanity; content depicting or promoting sexual activity; content depicting or promoting illegal activity; content that depicts or promotes violence or harm; or any other offensive, obscene, or inappropriate content.
Use of Submission
Entries and other submitted material become the property of the AASM Foundation and will not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting an entry:
- You represent and warrant that, if you are the designated person that has entered this Contest, you are authorized to make representations and warranties, and will be severally liable for any breach of these representations and warranties or other failure to comply with the Official Rules of this Contest.
- You represent and warrant that your entry and all elements contained therein (“Content”) is original and, to the extent the Content incorporates or includes anything that is owned or controlled by any third party, you have obtained in writing all rights necessary to comply with the Official Rules of this Contest; and, that Content does not violate any copyright, trademark, publicity right, or any other right of any third party.
- You agree that Content shall be, to the maximum extent eligible, a “work made for hire,” under the U.S. Copyright Act, as amended, with all rights therein, including without limitation the exclusive copyright, being the property of the AASM Foundation. Otherwise, if your entry or any element thereof is considered not to be a “work made for hire,” you hereby unconditionally and irrevocably transfer to the AASM Foundation all right, title, and interest in the Content (including, without limitation, the copyright) in any and all media whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, wherever produced or located, including the right to use, copy, distribute, perform, display and to create derivative works of the Content for advertising, trade, other commercial purposes or any other purpose; provided, however, to the extent Content contains third party materials, you have obtained written permission granting the AASM Foundation a perpetual, royalty-free, fully paid, freely transferable (with full rights to sublicense) universal, unconditional and irrevocable right and license to copy, distribute, perform, display and to create derivative works from such third party materials for any and all purposes relating to the promotion, marketing, advertising, distribution and/or sales of the AASM Foundation.
- You represent and warrant that you meet the requirements and qualifications for this Contest, and that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with them.
- You agree to indemnify, and hold the AASM Foundation, its officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents and representatives (“Indemnitees”) harmless from and against any third party claim (including reasonably attorneys’ fees and costs) arising from any use of the Content. You waive (i) any right to publicity, privacy or moral rights relating to the Content or your participation in this Contest, and (ii) any right to inspect or approve uses of the Content or to be compensated for any such uses. To the extent these rights may not be waived legally, you agree not to assert them.
- By submitting an entry, you grant to the AAMS Foundation and its affiliated companies the right, except where prohibited by law, to use your name, likeness, picture, voice, biographical information, submission/entry and written or oral statements, for advertising and promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing the Contest, the AASM Foundation and its mission and services, without compensation unless required by law. You shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, rights of integrity or attribution, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of your name, picture, likeness, address (city and state), e-mail address, biographical information, or entry. The rights granted under this paragraph shall extend to the AASM Foundation and its affiliated companies and agents with respect to all entrants in the Contest, including the entrant who is selected as the grand prize winner and those entrants who are not selected. The AASM Foundation is under no obligation to use the winning entries or any other entry for any purpose.