AASM Foundation and CHEST Foundation Research Grant in Sleep Medicine
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
|Issue Date:||February 15, 2021|
|Application Due Date:||March 31, 2021 by 11:59 p.m. ET|
|Period of Performance:||1 year|
|Amount of Award:||$30,000|
The AASM Foundation has partnered with the CHEST Foundation to jointly fund a research grant in sleep medicine. The American Academy of Sleep Medicine Foundation and CHEST Foundation Research Grant in Sleep Medicine is being administered by the CHEST Foundation and focused on topics that advance sleep medicine and ultimately improve patient outcomes. Projects must also demonstrate how it will have a positive impact on the lung and/or sleep health of a community.
For individuals looking to apply for the American Academy of Sleep Medicine Foundation and CHEST Foundation Research Grant in Sleep Medicine, visit: https://www.chestnet.org/Get-Involved/Grant-Information/Apply-for-Grants
$30,000 for 1 year: September 15, 2021, through September 15, 2022
- AASM or CHEST membership for the lead applicant
- Applicants must be licensed physicians. Physicians-in-training (residents or fellows), other health care professionals, or clinical researchers with relevant experience will also be accepted.
- Although applicants may be at later career stages, special consideration will be given to young investigators and applicants in early stages of their career.
- “Young Investigators” and “Early Career” are defined as residents/fellows/other health care researchers with relevant experience or practicing physicians who have completed their post-graduate training within the last 7 years.
- Teams are encouraged to apply but must have a representative to serve as the Principal Investigator who will apply as an individual and will receive recognition, if awarded.
- IRB approval must be sought/received for all projects to ensure protection of subjects.
- Not-for-profit organizations and institutions are eligible to apply.
- The following individuals are not eligible to apply for CHEST Foundation-supported grants:
- Active CHEST Foundation grantees, including active NCE requests
- Family members of the CHEST Board of Regents or CHEST Foundation Board of Trustees
- Members of the CHEST Foundation Board of Trustees, CHEST Board of Regents, CHEST Foundation Awards Committee, or CHEST Foundation Community Service Work Group.
- Additional eligibility: Current members of the AASM Foundation Board of
Directors are not permitted to apply for or write letters of support for this grant program.